Eight Essential Summer Driving Tips
Here at ACC UK Ltd, multi award winning Independent Volvo and Toyota Service, Repair & MOT garage based in Farnborough, Hampshire, we like to bring
you handy hints and tips on how to maintain your Volvo or Toyota and how to save money on your annual car running costs. We also like to keep you informed
of changes to laws relating to driving and car ownership.
The blog this week is our eight essential summer driving tips to keep you safe and fully prepared on the roads this summer. Read below to find out more.
- Ensure that all your fluids are topped up before you start your journey. These include your coolant – essential should you find yourself sitting in
a traffic jam on the way to the beach in this incredibly hot weather that we have been experiencing. Ensure that your windscreen wiper bottle is
topped up along with your oil and brake fluid.
- Try and park in the shade if you can to keep your internal car temperatures down. If your car is hot open all the doors to let the heat out and then
start the engine and put the ac on to cool it down before embarking on your journey. It goes without saying – NEVER leave a pet in the car – not
even for 10 minutes!!!!
- Carry plenty of water/soft drinks in your car for yourself and your passengers. Sitting in traffic jams without essential fluids will make the journey
even more unbearable.
- Carry some sun lotion in the car – having to sit at the side of the road in the event of a breakdown could expose you to the sun and potential sun
burn whilst waiting for the recovery vehicle.
- Be careful when taking any allergy medication – always read the labels before driving as some do make you feel drowsy. Ensure that your pollen filters
are changed regularly – this should happen if you have your Volvo or Toyota serviced regularly – helps to keep the air coming into the vehicle
- Ensure that your wiper blades are in good condition and your windscreen is clean inside and out to reduce sun glare. Always carry a pair of sunglasses
in your Volvo or Toyota too.
- If a heavy rain shower occurs please do be mindful of the road conditions and adapt your driving – fresh rainfall on roads that haven’t seen much rain
will be very slippery. Ensure that your tyres are in optimal health also – inflated correctly and have sufficient tyre tread.
- Keep an eye out for cyclists and motorcyclists – with this good weather more and more people take to the roads on two wheels. Also be mindful of those
towing caravans and give them plenty of room. Along with those on horses – reduce your speed so you do not spook a horse.
Here at ACC UK Ltd, Winners of The Motor Trader Independent Garage of The Year 2015, The Inspire Customer Service Excellence 2016 Award, The Eagle Radio
Customer Focus 2017 Business Award and The Workshop Magazine Workshop Manager of the Year 2017 Award, we pride ourselves on offering an outstanding
customer experience for a fraction of the cost of a dealership. Give us a call and let us quote you for your next service or repair on your Volvo or
Toyota. We service all areas around Farnborough, Fleet, Aldershot, Farnham, Guildford, Frimley, Camberley, Hook, Sandhurst, Crowthorne, Yateley, Hampshire
and Surrey. We offer free collection and drop off services. We also have a fleet of courtesy cars to allow you to get on with your schedule whilst
your Volvo or Toyota is with us. Happy Motoring from all at ACC UK Ltd – Independent Volvo & Toyota servicing, repair and MOT specialists based
in the heart of Farnborough, Hampshire.