Here at ACC UK Ltd, multi award winning Independent Volvo and Toyota Service, Repair & MOT garage based in Farnborough, Hampshire, we like to bring you handy hints and tips on how to maintain your Volvo or Toyota and how to save money on your annual car running costs. We also like to keep you informed of changes to laws relating to driving and car ownership.
The blog this week is about some of the very basic reasons your Volvo or Toyota may fail its MOT which are completely avoidable. Now that the government has extended MOT’s for a further 6 months there will be cars on the roads that really are not roadworthy. The blog this week will concentrate on the importance of your MOT. Read on for our tips:
Were you aware that nearly two in five MOT tests are a fail first time? This is more often than not down to minor faults that you the owner, could have easily addressed beforehand. Listed below are the top five reasons why your Volvo or Toyota may fail its MOT:
- Your screen wash has not been topped up. This really is a basic task that you should be doing regularly at home.
- Your Volvo or Toyota was dirty or full of clutter and debris. Clean your car before you take it in for its MOT, including lights, number plate, windows and mirrors.
- A very common MOT failure is one to do with your registration plate. Using the incorrect type face/spacing, dirty or missing altogether. If you have a personalised plate, ensure that it follows the DVLA rules.
- Any stickers including parking permits attached to the windscreen which are classed as being in the drivers view. Make sure that these are outside of the windscreen wiper sweep area.
- If you have a warning light illuminated then you must ensure that this issue has been addressed BEFORE your MOT. You really should not be driving around with warning lights on the dashboard – they are there for a reason – to tell you there is a potential issue with your car!
These are just some of the test checks carried out by the MOT tester. They are all vital components in your Volvo or Toyota that keep you, your passengers and other road users safe, whilst maintaining your cars’ functionality. If you are still using your Volvo or Toyota during the lockdown then please do the sensible thing and adhere to your MOT and servicing schedule. Happy safe motoring folks!
Here at ACC UK Ltd, Winners of The Motor Trader Independent Garage of The Year 2015 and 2019, The Inspire Customer Service Excellence 2016 Award, The Eagle Radio Customer Focus 2017 Business Award, The Workshop Magazine Workshop Manager of the Year 2017 Award, The LiveWire Excellence In Vehicle Servicing 2019 Award and The Aftermarket Excellence Award for Best Website 2019, we pride ourselves on offering an outstanding customer experience for a fraction of the cost of a dealership. Give us a call and let us quote you for your next service or repair on your Volvo or Toyota. We service all areas around Farnborough, Fleet, Aldershot, Farnham, Guildford, Frimley, Camberley, Hook, Sandhurst, Crowthorne, Yateley, Hampshire and Surrey. We offer free collection and drop off services. We also have a fleet of courtesy cars to allow you to get on with your schedule whilst your Volvo or Toyota is with us. Happy Motoring from all at ACC UK Ltd – Independent Volvo & Toyota servicing, repair and MOT specialists based in the heart of Farnborough, Hampshire