The blog this week is about making sure that your Volvo or Toyota is Autumn ready. After the long hot summer we have had and the hours and hours of
daylight, the nights are starting to draw in, it’s getting wetter and its getting darker and cold. So by performing regular maintenance check-ups
on your Volvo or Toyota, you should be able to transition safely into Autumn and Winter ready. We know.....it may not sound like the most interesting
of activities for some, however regular checks can ensure that the health of your car is maintained, help to keep you on the road for longer and
can also save you money in the long run. This is basically called Preventative Maintenance – to help minimise the need for costly repairs.
- Now we are beginning to wake up to darker mornings and the evenings are getting darker earlier there are some essential items you should carry
in your Volvo or Toyota. These include a torch, a blanket or warm coat, some water and snacks, a phone charger, an ice scraper and some sunglasses
to protect from the glare of the sun. The skies have been blue this week and the sun has been sitting quite low.
- Make sure that you check your lights regularly and keep them clean. Dirty headlights and rear lights not only make it difficult for you to see
but for other road users to see you.
- Check your tyre pressures and tyre tread depths weekly. We are moving into wet and then icy conditions – your tyre health is very important. Good
tyres will help to keep you and other road users safe.
- Make sure that you have topped up the coolant/antifreeze levels in your Volvo or Toyota. Make it a weekly check along with your tyres and oil levels.
It will be a very expensive repair bill if your water levels are not sufficient and your engine over heats. The antifreeze is there to ensure
the water does not freeze in the cold weather.
- Check your other fluids at the same time during your weekly checks – when the gritters start to come out onto the roads your windscreen will become
very dirty very quickly – topping up your washer bottle regularly ensures that you are never caught out. If you find your wiper blades are
not clearing your windscreen properly it may be time to invest in a new set. Cast your eye over the brake fluid also.
- Ensure that you have more than enough petrol for your journey, taking into account that you may be stuck in a traffic jam and be using the heater
using more petrol. It’s never wise to run your car on empty. We have witnessed on so many occasions our roads grinding to a halt in bad weather
especially snow – it would be most unpleasant to be stuck in the car unable to run it because there was little or no petrol.
- Car battery health – if you notice its taking a little bit of time to start your car in the morning or after a day at work maybe you need to check
the battery – take your Volvo or Toyota to your local independent garage for further investigation.
Here at ACC UK Ltd, Winners of The Motor Trader Independent Garage of The Year 2015, The Inspire Customer Service Excellence 2016 Award, The Eagle
Radio Customer Focus 2017 Business Award and The Workshop Magazine Workshop Manager of the Year 2017 Award, we pride ourselves on offering an outstanding
customer experience for a fraction of the cost of a dealership. Give us a call and let us quote you for your next service or repair on your Volvo
or Toyota. We service all areas around Farnborough, Fleet, Aldershot, Farnham, Guildford, Frimley, Camberley, Hook, Sandhurst, Crowthorne, Yateley,
Hampshire and Surrey. We offer free collection and drop off services. We also have a fleet of courtesy cars to allow you to get on with your schedule
whilst your Volvo or Toyota is with us. Happy Motoring from all at ACC UK Ltd – Independent Volvo & Toyota servicing, repair and MOT specialists
based in the heart of Farnborough, Hampshire.