The blog this week is about what you can do to help minimise car depreciation on your Volvo or Toyota. We cannot stress enough that proactive maintenance will always be cheaper than reactive repairs so regular car servicing will definitely help you maintain a premium re sale value. Read on to see some top tips:
There are certain issues to remember when selling a car in order to achieve the best price. Factors to help achieve the best price can include:
- Fitting certain extras to a car such as alarms can increase the sale price - but don’t get carried away with all the latest hi tech gadgets - you could end up shelling out a lot of money but adding no real value - also be wary of altering your vehicle - it may affect your insurance
- Regular car servicing can add to the vehicles value come resale time - a maintained and serviced car will always attract a better resale value than one that has not been serviced and maintained. It gives the potential buyer peace of mind
- A full service history can add hundreds of pounds so keep all documents safe - receipts/invoices and ensure your book has been stamped by the garage. A well maintained Volvo or Toyota will be way more attractive to a potential buyer than one that has skipped services as these will be red flags to potential buyers
- Always make sure the car is in good condition inside and out; this means professional cleaning before selling - but also looking after the interior and exterior whilst you own the car
- Be aware of the car’s resale value by checking car pricing guides - a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it at the end of the day. A car sold privately and a car sold through a garage attract very different prices sometimes - always check similar makes and models for comparison
- Advertise the car in a number of different places including car trading magazines and internet auction sites to gain the best coverage for your car
- Be wary of buyers or traders who consistently try to bully the seller into a reduced price. There are some places that will offer a price and then try and knock money off for every minor detail. You could always approach independent dealerships to see if they would like to buy your car. This would save you money in private advertising costs.
Car depreciation is simply a fact of owning and maintaining a car. A new car can depreciate in value by thousands of pounds within the first few years, especially if high mileage is involved.
Buyers should keep depreciation factors in mind when buying a new car as depreciation will make a financial difference come resale time. More and more people are looking at leasing options - especially as the depreciation of a new car is sometimes up to 60% - research all the options available to you before parting with your hard earned cash! Truly understand what is expected of you at the end of your lease. Happy Motoring Folks!
Here at ACC UK Ltd, Winners of The Motor Trader Independent Garage of The Year 2015, 2019 & 2020, The Inspire Customer Service Excellence 2016 Award, The Eagle Radio Customer Focus 2017 Business Award, The Workshop Magazine Workshop Manager of the Year 2017 Award, The LiveWire Excellence In Vehicle Servicing 2019 Award and The Aftermarket Excellence Award for Best Website 2019, The Eagle Radio Biz Award – Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 & the SME News Magazine Most Trusted Car Servicing Provider 2020, we pride ourselves on offering an outstanding customer experience for a fraction of the cost of a dealership. Give us a call and let us quote you for your next service or repair on your Volvo or Toyota. We service all areas around Farnborough, Fleet, Aldershot, Farnham, Guildford, Frimley, Camberley, Hook, Sandhurst, Crowthorne, Yateley, Hampshire and Surrey. We offer free collection and drop off services. We also have a fleet of courtesy cars to allow you to get on with your schedule whilst your Volvo or Toyota is with us. Happy Motoring from all at ACC UK Ltd – Independent Volvo & Toyota servicing, repair and MOT specialists based in the heart of Farnborough, Hampshire.