The blog this week is about fuel economy for your Volvo Servicing or Toyota Servicing. Interestingly, according to The Daily Telegraph, the average household has an income of £473 a week and nearly £65 of that is spent on transport! We are sure that in these current times these are lower but with the country set to open back up over the coming months wouldn’t it be great to reduce this average figure and get more miles out from a tank of fuel? Our blog concentrates on some handy tips to save money. Read our tips:
The AA conducted a test and found that the average driver could travel 10% further on a single tank of fuel just by altering a few bad driving habits, and the very best of drivers that follow all the tips below could go an additional 33% further – that really would help to bring that £65 spend down! Let us put that into miles......if for example you normally get 600 miles out of a tank of fuel you could potentially travel a further 200 miles before you have the need to fill up again! How crazy is that?!?
So what are the tips for better fuel economy for you Volvo and Toyota drivers?
- Don’t be aggressive when accelerating and braking – try and alter the way you use your pedals into being a smooth driver
- There really is no need to over rev your engine – don’t do it!
- Always make sure that you drive in the right gear – changing gears at the optimal time will ensure fuel economy
- Instead of going down through each gear to braking block shift your gears – ie 5 to 3 and 3 to 1!
- Keep your boot empty – there really is no need to carry your golf clubs around all week if you are not going to use them – a lighter vehicle uses less fuel – in fact de clutter the whole car! Remove roof boxes when you are not using them!
- Always make sure your tyre pressures are correct – not only will it help with fuel economy it will also help with even wear on your tyres meaning you will get the maximum out of them before needing to replace them – so a double saving to be had there!
- Get your Volvo or Toyota serviced at regular intervals according to the manufacturers handbook. It really is a false economy to miss your Volvo or Toyota’s service. If you want to save money on your servicing then use an independent garage not a dealership – you really could save a lot of £££’s – shop around and get quotes – a few minutes on the phone or sending emails could really save you hundreds of pounds!
- Don't drive your Volvo or Toyota fast – stick to the speed limits of the roads you are using – your fuel will last longer – especially on the motorway!
- Try to keep the use of the air conditioning to a minimum or not at all
- If you have a roof rack fitted – take it off when not in use – having a roof rack affects the air flow over the vehicle making the engine work harder meaning more fuel gets used!
Here at ACC UK Ltd, Winners of The Motor Trader Independent Garage of The Year 2015, 2019 & 2020, The Inspire Customer Service Excellence 2016 Award, The Eagle Radio Customer Focus 2017 Business Award, The Workshop Magazine Workshop Manager of the Year 2017 Award, The LiveWire Excellence In Vehicle Servicing 2019 Award and The Aftermarket Excellence Award for Best Website 2019, The Eagle Radio Biz Award – Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 & the SME News Magazine Most Trusted Car Servicing Provider 2020, we pride ourselves on offering an outstanding customer experience for a fraction of the cost of a dealership. Give us a call and let us quote you for your next service or repair on your Volvo or Toyota. We service all areas around Farnborough, Fleet, Aldershot, Farnham, Guildford, Frimley, Camberley, Hook, Sandhurst, Crowthorne, Yateley, Hampshire and Surrey. We offer free collection and drop off services. We also have a fleet of courtesy cars to allow you to get on with your schedule whilst your Volvo or Toyota is with us. Happy Motoring from all at ACC UK Ltd – Independent Volvo & Toyota servicing, repair and MOT specialists based in the heart of Farnborough, Hampshire.