The blog this week is about some tips to make sure that you, your Volvo or Toyota and your passengers are prepared for the traffic over the bank holiday weekend. Read on to see some top tips:
According to the AA, during a normal bank holiday weekend there are an estimated 14-18 million cars are on our roads with eager travellers heading for a long weekend break. That’s a lot of traffic! We expect some lovely weather over this bank holiday – much needed after weeks of rain! We are not sure how many of you will be taking to the roads after being in lockdown for so long and suffering cabin fever. So, what can you do to avoid some of the traffic nightmares if you are venturing out this bank holiday weekend?
- Research Your Journey – check your journey beforehand – use one of the many websites available to check your route and see how long it will take you to get there. You can look at different routes that may take you around traditional bottlenecks etc. You can also research to see if there are any roadworks which are likely to slow you down and see if there is a way to avoid them. We all know that if the sun is shining then people will flood to the coast – it may be wise to start your journey earlier, or if possible go the night before – but not in the afterwork rush.
- Avoiding Traffic Jams – Make sure that you have the radio on in your Volvo or Toyota or at least have the traffic function activated
– when this is activated you will hear any BBC travel and traffic updates. There are also several smartphone apps that your travelling companions can use to see if there are any issues ahead of you. Make sure you either have a sat nav or a map so that if you have to make a detour you can. Make sure you carry a phone charger too – the phone battery tends to die at the most inopportune time that’s for sure!
- Watch the pennies – Fill up your Volvo or Toyota before you leave – fuel is more expensive at service stations on the motorway. Take
food and drink with you for your journey, that way when you plan a stop you don’t need to buy expensive food and drink – more money for your trip! Don’t forget to carry face masks and antibac – if you have to stop to use the service station you will need them!
- Keep Children Occupied – Make sure you pack plenty of things to keep the children occupied during your journey.
- Avoid A Breakdown – In your Volvo or Toyota by ensuring you have maintained your service schedule. Check tyres and fluid levels in your Volvo or Toyota before you start your journey. Try and carry some oil and water in the boot – just in case you need a top up. Tips can be found in previous blogs we have written on the website. If you are unfortunate enough to breakdown don’t panic. Read our breakdown tips beforehand to make sure you follow safety rules. If you do not have membership to breakdown cover – check to see if you are covered on your car insurance or bank account and make sure you carry these details with you. If you do break down in your Volvo or Toyota and have no cover you can still call one of the large roadside assistance companies and receive help – doing it after the event will of course be more expensive!
- Have a wonderful Bank Holiday Weekend – Happy Safe Motoring Folks!
Here at ACC UK Ltd, Winners of The Motor Trader Independent Garage of The Year 2015, 2019 & 2020, The Inspire Customer Service Excellence 2016 Award, The Eagle Radio Customer Focus 2017 Business Award, The Workshop Magazine Workshop Manager of the Year 2017 Award, The LiveWire Excellence In Vehicle Servicing 2019 Award and The Aftermarket Excellence Award for Best Website 2019, The Eagle Radio Biz Award – Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 & the SME News Magazine Most Trusted Car Servicing Provider 2020, we pride ourselves on offering an outstanding customer experience for a fraction of the cost of a dealership. Give us a call and let us quote you for your next service or repair on your Volvo or Toyota. We service all areas around Farnborough, Fleet, Aldershot, Farnham, Guildford, Frimley, Camberley, Hook, Sandhurst, Crowthorne, Yateley, Hampshire and Surrey. We offer free collection and drop off services. We also have a fleet of courtesy cars to allow you to get on with your schedule whilst your Volvo or Toyota is with us. Happy Motoring from all at ACC UK Ltd – Independent Volvo & Toyota servicing, repair and MOT specialists based in the heart of Farnborough, Hampshire.