The blog this week is about our top winter driving tips to keep you and other road users safe and your Volvo or Toyota in a healthy condition. Winter is a harsh time for our cars. If you look after your car it will hopefully look after you! Read on to find out some top tips:
- If your car is due a service, please ensure that you get it done. We cannot stress enough how preventative maintenance is always cheaper than reactive repairs. You may not be using your Volvo or Toyota as much as normal during this pandemic but cars do not like sitting idle for long periods of time either. If you are only driving very short distances your diesel car will not like that either-see our blogs about blocked DPF’s.
- One of the common issues in the winter and during months of little activity is your battery will suffer – do not be surprised – best to take your car out for a regular journey.
- Check your fluid levels regularly –such as your anti freeze and screen wash –you will need your screen wash a lot more during the winter with the amount of grit and salt on the roads. Check the health of your wiper blades too-if they show signs of wear and tear then get them replaced asap.
- Check the tread and condition of your tyres-you face a hefty fine if you are driving with illegal tyres. Check the pressures regularly too. Check your owners’ manual for information regarding the correct pressures. If in any doubt please visit your local independent garage where they will be happy to help.
- Check that all your lights are working correctly – not only so that you can see where you are going but other road users can see you too. Any issues get your lights rectified straight away.
- Keep your car clean-including your lights and number plate. This will help prevent rust or corrosion on your bodywork which will help to maintain the value of your car. Happy Safe Motoring Folks!
Here at ACC UK Ltd, Winners of The Motor Trader Independent Garage of The Year 2015, 2019 & 2020, The Inspire Customer Service Excellence 2016 Award, The Eagle Radio Customer Focus 2017 Business Award, The Workshop Magazine Workshop Manager of the Year 2017 Award, The LiveWire Excellence In Vehicle Servicing 2019 Award and The Aftermarket Excellence Award for Best Website 2019, The Eagle Radio Biz Award – Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 & the SME News Magazine Most Trusted Car Servicing Provider 2020, we pride ourselves on offering an outstanding customer experience for a fraction of the cost of a dealership. Give us a call and let us quote you for your next service or repair on your Volvo or Toyota. We service all areas around Farnborough, Fleet, Aldershot, Farnham, Guildford, Frimley, Camberley, Hook, Sandhurst, Crowthorne, Yateley, Hampshire and Surrey. We offer free collection and drop off services. We also have a fleet of courtesy cars to allow you to get on with your schedule whilst your Volvo or Toyota is with us. Happy Motoring from all at ACC UK Ltd – Independent Volvo & Toyota servicing, repair and MOT specialists based in the heart of Farnborough, Hampshire.