The blog this week is about some handy tips for all car drivers. In order to ensure that your Volvo or Toyota is running at its optimum
best, regular maintenance is essential. By ensuring that your car is well maintained you can rest assured that it is safe on the roads, is performing
fuel efficient and when it comes to selling it on you are ensuring that you achieve optimum re sale levels. So what should you be doing in between
your annual servicing and MOT to maintain your car and reduce expensive repair and breakdown bills?
Read below to find out our tips:
- Tyre Health – having correctly inflated tyres means that your tyres last longer – eliminating uneven wear – you should also ensure that you adhere
to the minimum tread depth – 1.6mm. If you are unsure how to measure this use the 20p method. Correctly inflated tyres means your engine is not
working as hard and you have better fuel efficiency. Your tyres keep you on the road – they are a massive safety feature of your car- look after
- Brake Health – When you had your MOT did it state that your pads and discs required attention in the foreseeable
future? Did you ensure that you went back to your local independent garage and get them changed? You should be checking your brakes monthly – looking
at the discs and pads and taking action to ensure that they are fine – they are the only thing that will stop your car in an emergency! Check your
brake fluid regularly and top up if required.
- Your Filters – you can change your filters yourself – if you are unsure then seek the help of your local independent garage – regular servicing at
a garage will ensure that your filters are changed in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines and your service book will be stamped appropriately
–maintaining any warranties and helping to hold the re sale value of your Volvo or Toyota.
- Fluid Levels – as per previous blogs – please check your fluid levels regularly – these include coolant, oil, brake and power steering fluids. Checking
these fluids should be down when the car is on a flat surface and when the engine is cool. It takes no more than 10 minutes but can save a lot
of money of expensive repair bills should they run dry!
- Battery Health – if you are having trouble starting your car in the mornings then your battery may need to be replaced – the general life span of a
car battering is around 5 years. There may be other issues such as the alternator or starter motor – if in any doubt please take your car to your
local independent garage for inspection. If you do change your Volvo or Toyota battery please ensure that you dispose of it in the correct manner.
- Cam Belt – please do not ever miss this service in your schedule – they degenerate over time – it can’t be avoided. Make sure that yours is replaced
at the allocated time stipulated in your owners’ manual. If it were to snap whilst you are driving the damage to the engine could be incredibly
expensive to rectify. You can check the condition of it regularly looking for signs of wear.
- Wash and Wax Your Car Regularly- If you wash your car regularly not only is your car aesthetically pleasing to look at but you also keep parts like
headlights, brake lights and number plates clean – safety rules!!! By looking after the body work you are helping to protect the paintwork and
you can spot any signs of corrosion early to enable you to act quickly. During the winter months with all the salt and grit on the roads our vehicles
can become dirty very quickly. Salt is not something you want to leave on your paintwork for long! Look after your Volvo or Toyota and it will
look after you! Happy safe motoring folks!
Here at ACC UK Ltd, Winners of The Motor Trader Independent Garage of The Year 2015, The Inspire Customer Service Excellence
2016 Award, The Eagle Radio Customer Focus 2017 Business Award and The Workshop Magazine Workshop Manager of the Year 2017 Award, we pride ourselves
on offering an outstanding customer experience for a fraction of the cost of a dealership. Give us a call and let us quote you for your next service
or repair on your Volvo or Toyota. We service all areas around Farnborough, Fleet, Aldershot, Farnham, Guildford, Frimley, Camberley, Hook, Sandhurst,
Crowthorne, Yateley, Hampshire and Surrey. We offer free collection and drop off services. We also have a fleet of courtesy cars to allow you to get
on with your schedule whilst your Volvo or Toyota is with us. Happy Motoring from all at ACC UK Ltd – Independent Volvo & Toyota servicing, repair
and MOT specialists based in the heart of Farnborough, Hampshire.